The Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI), the National Sports Federation, responsible for the governance and promotion of motorsports in India, has announced a package for the year 2020 to stimulate the motorsports activity in the country. To give impetus and to encourage the resumption of grass-root motorsports activities as well as National Championships, the FMSCI Council has announced a spate of initiatives as under:
- Free renewal of national level competition licences applied for in 2020 for the year 2021, if these licence holders do not take part in any event in 2020.
- 100 percent waiver of the permit fees for organisers of all status of events, if no sponsor/s associated with the event. 50 percent of permit fees will be charged, otherwise.
- 100 percent waiver of the Naming Rights fees for events, if no sponsor/s associated with the event. Furthermore, 50 percent naming rights fees will be charged otherwise.
- One-year extension for the existing promoters of various National Championship events irrespective of whether the National Championship is conducted this year or not.
- Local Stewards will be appointed to ease the burden of travel and hospitality costs for the organizers.
Given the current situation, FMSCI officials hope that with these initiatives, motorsports in India will resume as soon as the lockdown is lifted for sports activities.